Amelia Draper is an Emmy Award-Winning American weather forecaster and a meteorologist. Amelia serves her precious time for the NBC’s Storm Team 4 in Washington, DC.
Born in Frederick County, Maryland, Amelia celebrated her birthday on the 11th of December. She holds an American nationality and comes from a mixed ethnical background.
Quick Info About Amelia Draper:
Birthday: 11th December
Birth Sign: Sagittarius
Home Town: Frederick, Maryland
Residence: Washington, DC
Father: Dave Segal
Mother: Mari Segal
Husband/Spouse: Matt (Matthew Draper)
Marital Status: Married
Body Measurements: N/A
Plastic Surgery: N/A
Net Worth: Under Review
Amelia was born to father Dave and mother Mari Segal. She also has a brother.
Talking about her childhood and educational background, Draper graduated from Middletown High School in 2004.
Later, she got enrolled at Penn State University and holds a degree in Meteorology.
Furthermore, she believes in keeping her personal life a mystery. Hence, she seldom shares her pictures and information about her family in her social media.
As a hobby, she posts pictures of beautiful mother nature on her self-titled Instagram page. There, she has amassed more than 7k followers.
Lesser Known Facts About Amelia Draper:
- Many of us may not know that Amelia is a big-time fitness freak. During her high school days, she worked as a snowboard instructor at Whiteail Ski Resort.
- Also, she loved hockey, lacrosse, running, golf, and yoga.
- As her first job, Draper worked as a weather forecaster with C-NET in State College, PA.
- Consequently, she landed her next job at WJET/WFXP in Erie, PA, as a weekend meteorologist.
- As a result, she got a chance to record Erie’s second snowiest winter, which was about 145 inches deep.
- Eventually, she joined Buffalo’s WIVB-WNLO. She served there for almost three years in the morning shift.
- Hence, she also got an opportunity to chase four tornadoes in one single afternoon.
- Then, she jumped to NBC 4 Washington in March 2013.
- Her forecast can be seen on NBCWashington.com, News4 of NBC, and 103.5 WTOP Radio.
- Draper was passionate about her dream job as a meteorologist. She always wanted to become a weathercaster and always looked upon it.
- She graduated from college early to start working.
- Talking about her personal life, Draper walked down on an aisle with her husband, Matthew Draper, on 7th May 2016.
- To announce her marriage, Amelia twitted ‘Excited to start a new chapter of my life; I married my best friend.’
- Amelia is a reputed meteorologist who might have a whopping annual salary.
- As a trending weather forecaster, she has earned the right amount of salary.
- Considering her popularity and income of her fellow weather journalist, we can assume that Amelia Draper might have amassed a right amount of net worth. However, the exact amount of her riches is still a mystery.